Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Never Miss a Blog Post

For those who may not know, there's a really simple way to keep up with all the new posts on this blog and all the others you might want to visit (in case you haven't noticed, Katie, Bonnie, Charlyn, and Christina and I all have our own blogs -- have I missed any?)

The way to do it is to use what is called a "reader". I have a google email account so I use and am only familiar with the google reader, and it's really easy. Here's what you do:

Open this link to a new page (if you have a google account and you're logged in, you should automatically be logged in here too): http://www.google.com/reader/view/

Then copy the url (or the website address) of a blog that you read and would like to keep up to date on (ex: http://thehiattfam.blogspot.com/) and paste it into the reader page under "Add Subscription". From there you click the "subscribe" button.

Every time someone makes a new post it will show up in your reader without you having to visit the website. It will have a link you can click on so you can visit the actual post and see comments.

You can to this with any website that is set up for it, and many are. For example, if you're a fan of the New York Times' obituary page or George Will's Washington Post columns you can add those to your reader too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dave....Thanks for the information. I don't know much to this being new to the blogger world, but I'm loving it!! I have just saved all the blogs I visit as favorites, so this works out a lot nicer. Thanks again!!

Charlyn