Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A little flashback that I had this morning...

Some of you may know how much I like music. So I relate a lot of my memories to a song. Well on my way to work this morning a song came on my Ipod that caused me to have a little flashback. The song was "Your Wildest Dreams" by the Moody Blues and my memory was of Grandma Hiatt. She drove me to the store in 1986 to buy the cassette tape. I remember sticking it into her converter that allowed you to play it in an 8 track player in the old Bonneville of course. She let me listen to the song over and over.

I then got to thinking about other songs that I have memories about. I remember my mom and Lorraine singing "In the Hollow of My Hand" at some missionary farewells. I also remember my mom listening to Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton.

One funny memory of a song... We were listening to the Oak Ridge Boys and Grandpa was in the car and he was telling us to turn it off because it was bad. So we asked him why. He said that he thought that the song was saying "Come on in baby take your clothes off!" but it was really saying "Come on in baby take your coat off" I remember laughing until tears came to my eyes. I still laugh about it to this day.

Hope that you are having a good one and here's to the memories...

--Matt

3 comments:

David said...

Matt, that's really funny. I do remember once one summer Dan and I were staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house for about a week. We got a vinyl swimming pool to play in and early in the week there was a huge storm and the swimming pool disappeared in the wind and we couldn't find it. We figured out around the end of the week that it was across the street wrapped around a pole. Grandma said that she had seen it out of the corner of her eye all week but she always thought it was a person standing there. I'm not sure why but I've always remembered that (wrongly, probably.)

Unknown said...

That is so funny. I'm laughing out loud. I remember your love for music. I'll never forget telling your mom that you were listening to twisted sisters down in your room. If I remember right she took it away from you?

Matt McMullin said...

Yup she took it right away. I think that I still might resent that.

hehe ;)

--Matt